- Log in to your WordPress account – Ensure you are using the account connected to this blog and that you are posting on the blog for this class and not your personal blog. The URL for the class blog will contain ‘tomcblog’.
- If you are not taken straight to the new post page then click the pencil icon in the top right of the screen.
3. Add an interesting a catchy title, something more exciting that ‘blog post 2’
4. Enter the content of your blog post, remember to use links to your sources, include pictures or embed videos to support your argument and to make the post really interesting.
5. Now ensure you select the correct category from the menu on the left. Click on ‘Categories and Tags’ and then choose the topic of your post. Check you are writing about the right topics at the right time here.
6. Finally add a feature image. This will make your post stand out on the front page. click ‘Featured image’ and select a photo to upload – This might be the same as something already in your post, or it might be another picture. – Make sure you have permission to use the image.
7. Once you are happy, click ‘Publish’ and the post will go public.
8. If you don’t manage to finish you post in one sitting, you can always click ‘save draft’ and come back to it later – Dont forget to click publish before the deadline though.